NASCAR CUP SERIES
TOYOTA / SAVE MART 350
TEAM CHEVY POST RACE NOTES & QUOTES
12 JUNE 2022
CHEVY TOP TEAM UNOFFICIAL RACE RESULTS:
1 DANIEL SUAREZ, NO. 99 ONX HOMES / RENU CAMARO ZL1
7th ROSS CHASTAIN, NO. 1 WORLDWIDE EXPRESS CAMARO ZL1
ELLIOTT 8TH SURPRISE, NO. 9 NAPA AUTO PARTS CAMARO ZL1
9 WILLIAM BYRON, NO. 24 RAPTORTOUGH.COM CAMARO ZL1
11 AUSTIN DILLON, NO. 3 TRUE SPEED CAMARO ZL1
12 JUSTIN HALEY, NO. 31 LEAFFILTER GUTTER PROTECTION CAMARO ZL1
15th KYLE LARSON, NO. 5 HENDRICKCARS.COM CAMARO ZL1
16 ALEX BOWMAN, NO. 48 ALLY/BETTER WITH CAMARO ZL1
19 AJ ALLMENDINGER, NO. 16 SLOTS CAMARO GOLD FISH CASINO ZL1
ERIK JONES 22nd, NO. 43 FOCUS FACTOR CAMARO ZL1
23rd TY DILLON, NO. 42 ALLEGIANT CAMARO ZL1
RICKY STENHOUSE JR 25th, NO. 47 KROGER / COTTONELLE CAMARO ZL1
TOP FIVE UNOFFICIAL RACE RESULTS:
- Daniel Suarez (Chevrolet)
- Chris Buescher (Ford)
- Michael McDowell (Ford)
- Kevin Harvick (Ford)
- Austin Cindric (Ford)
Heading into an off week for the series, the NASCAR Cup Series will return to action at the Nashville Superspeedway with the Ally 400 on Sunday, June 26, at 5 p.m. ET. Live coverage can be found on NBC, MRN and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio Channel 90.
TEAM CHEVY POST RACE NOTES AND QUOTES:
DANIEL SUAREZ, NO. 99 ONX HOMES / RENU CAMARO ZL1 – Done 1
THIS HAS BEEN AWESOME CELEBRATION. DANIEL SUAREZ, SINCE YOU WIN YOUR XFINITY SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP, IT WAS A LONG ROAD HERE IN THE CUP SERIES, DIFFERENT TEAM, MANY HEART BREAKS. HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THE LESSON WORDS YOU TAKE TODAY?
“It’s a crazy day. There are so many thoughts in my head right now. I mean, it’s a hard road. It’s been a tough run in the Cup Series. These guys trust me – Trackhouse Racing, Justin Marks, Ty Norris. Everyone who helped me get to this point. Lots of people in Mexico: Jay Morales, Carlos Slim. My family, they never gave up on me. A lot of people do it, but they don’t.
So glad we were able to make it work. ”
I MENTIONED A DIFFERENT TEAM. TRACKHOUSE, LOOK LIKE MAGIC FROM THE TIME YOU STARTED TOGETHER. WHAT’S DIFFERENT ABOUT THIS TEAM TO YOU?
“Their energy. They trusted me from day one. They believe me. Everyone, all the resources to make it happen.
We have Daniel’s Amigos there. (expletive) yes.”
TALKING TO AMIGO DANIEL THERE AND ALL AMIGO DANIEL WATCHING ON TV. TELL THEM IN SPANISH WHAT YOU FEEL NOW.
“(Answer in Spanish.) This is the first of many.”
WILLIAM BYRON, NO. 24 RAPTORTOUGH.COM CAMARO ZL1 – 9th finish
“Finished ninth in Sonoma. Great run for our team. Fighted hard all day and got the balance right and the second half of the race went well. Happy with that and going into the holiday weekend with good momentum.”
TYLER REDDICK, NO. 8 LENOVO CAMARO ZL1 – 35th finish
“Our Lenovo Chevy was strong this weekend at Sonoma Raceway. We started the race fifth and spent most of Stages 1 and 2 around the top five. We were fourth with three laps left in Stage 2 when we stopped at the green flag. Unfortunately, we were caught speeding on the pit road and had to restart at the back end of the field to start Stage 3. We were mirrored back in traffic. Everyone gathered and another car finally made contact with us. It crushed our left-back and we had to go to the garage for repairs. We made it back, but finished 14 laps in 35th. It’s disappointing to finish like that after running so strong today.”
TEAM CHEVY – RACE QUICK RECORDS
· Chevrolet’s front row leads the field to the green at today’s Toyota / Save Mart 350 at Sonoma Raceway, with Kyle Larson taking fourth pole on the track; joined Hendrick Motorsports teammate Chase Elliott in the front row.
· Varying pit strategy in the closing laps of Stage One, Cliff Daniels held No. 5 HendrickCars.com Camaro ZL1 to the end of the stage.
· Defending race winner, Kyle Larson, leads all 25 Stage One rounds, giving Larson a second stage win of 2022.
· Team Chevy Top-10 Stage One: Kyle Larson (Stage Winner), Justin Haley (4), Josh Bilicki (7) and Ricky Stenhouse Jr. (9).
· Chase Elliott, who pitted before the end of Stage One, capitalized on track position, leading the course to the green from pole position.
· Leading 26 laps of the 30-lap Stage Two, Alan Gustafson took the No. 9 NAPA Auto Parts Camaro ZL1 down pit road in the closing laps of the stage, with a long stop causing Elliott to lose track. Given a penalty for pitting outside the box, Elliott was forced to restart at the back of the court to begin the Final Stage.
· Chevy Team Top-10 Stage Two: Daniel Suarez (4) and Ricky Stenhouse Jr. (9).
Fast After Race Facts:
· Suarez’s win was also his eighth of the season for the Camaro ZL1 and his 13th win for Chevrolet at Sonoma Raceway, both of which are the most outstanding feats from the manufacturer.
· The win was Suarez’s first win in his 195th career starting in the NASCAR Cup Series.
· It also marks a third NASCAR Cup Series win for Trackhouse Racing in 2022.
· With his win, Suarez secures a place to the 2022 NASCAR Cup Series Playoff Field.
· NASCAR winning brand, Chevrolet now has 822 all-time NASCAR Cup Series wins.
Team Chevy’s high-resolution racing photos are available for editorial use.
Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is now one of the largest car brands in the world, available in 79 countries with more than 3.2 million cars and trucks sold in 2020. Chevrolet models include electric and fuel-efficient vehicles featuring great performance, a heart-beating design, passive and active safety features, and easy-to-use technology all worth it. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at www.chevrolet.com.