TOP TEAM CHEVY NOT OFFICIAL RACE RESULTS:
1st DANIEL SUAREZ, NO. 99 ONX HOMES / RENU CAMARO ZL1
7th ROSS CHASTAIN, NO. 1 WORLDWIDE EXPRESS CAMARO ZL1
ELLIOTT 8TH SURPRISE, NO. 9 NAPA AUTO PARTS CAMARO ZL1
9 WILLIAM BYRON, NO. 24 RAPTORTOUGH.COM CAMARO ZL1
11 AUSTIN DILLON, NO. 3 TRUE SPEED CAMARO ZL1
12 JUSTIN HALEY, NO. 31 LEAFFILTER GUTTER PROTECTION CAMARO ZL1
15th KYLE LARSON, NO. 5 HENDRICKCARS.COM CAMARO ZL1
16 ALEX BOWMAN, NO. 48 ALLY/BETTER WITH CAMARO ZL1
19 AJ ALLMENDINGER, NO. 16 SLOTS CAMARO GOLD FISH CASINO ZL1
ERIK JONES 22nd, NO. 43 FOCUS FACTOR CAMARO ZL1
23rd TY DILLON, NO. 42 ALLEGIANT CAMARO ZL1
RICKY STENHOUSE JR 25th, NO. 47 KROGER / COTTONELLE CAMARO ZL1
BIG FIVE NOT OFFICIAL RACE RESULTS:
1. Daniel Suarez (Chevrolet)
2. Chris Buescher (Ford)
3. Michael McDowell (Ford)
4. Kevin Harvick (Ford)
5. Austin Cindric (Ford)
Heading into an off week for the series, the NASCAR Cup Series will return to action at the Nashville Superspeedway with the Ally 400 on Sunday, June 26, at 5 p.m. ET. Live coverage can be found on NBC, MRN and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio Channel 90.
TEAM CHEVY POST RACE NOTES AND QUOTES:
DANIEL SUAREZ, NO. 99 ONX HOMES / RENU CAMARO ZL1 – Done 1
THIS HAS BEEN AWESOME CELEBRATION. DANIEL SUAREZ, SINCE YOU WIN YOUR XFINITY SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP, IT WAS A LONG ROAD HERE IN THE CUP SERIES, DIFFERENT TEAM, MANY HEART BREAKS. HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THE LESSON WORDS YOU TAKE TODAY?
“It’s a crazy day. There are so many thoughts in my head right now. I mean, it’s a hard road. It’s been a tough run in the Cup Series. These guys trust me – Trackhouse Racing, Justin Marks, Ty Norris. Everyone who helped me get to this point. Lots of people in Mexico: Jay Morales, Carlos Slim. My family, they never gave up on me. A lot of people do it, but they don’t.
So glad we were able to make it work. ”
I MENTIONED A DIFFERENT TEAM. TRACKHOUSE, LOOK LIKE MAGIC FROM THE TIME YOU STARTED TOGETHER. WHAT’S DIFFERENT ABOUT THIS TEAM TO YOU?
“Their energy. They trusted me from day one. They believe me. Everyoneall the resources to make it happen.
We have Daniel’s Amigos there. (expletive) yes.”
TALKING TO AMIGO DANIEL THERE AND ALL AMIGO DANIEL WATCHING ON TV. TELL THEM IN SPANISH WHAT YOU FEEL NOW.
“(Answer in Spanish.) This is the first of many.”
ROSS CHASTAIN, NO. 1 WORLDWIDE EXPRESS CAMARO ZL1 – 7th completed
OF COURSE YOUR TEAM TEAM HAS BEEN WAITING FOR HIS GROUPS VERY PATIENTLY. WHAT DOES THIS MOMENT MEAN TO YOU WATCHING AS A TEAM?
“Yeah, it’s Team Trackhouse. I am very happy for this group. Man, very good. The people behind the scenes who took the time and effort to help us drivers. They are just total team support. To be such a new and special group, this shouldn’t have happened. Two other fast Chevys and I’m very proud of Daniel (Suarez). I know how she’s feeling right now and gosh, she’s so nice. I’m very proud of him and very happy for him.”
WILLIAM BYRON, NO. 24 RAPTORTOUGH.COM CAMARO ZL1 – 9th finish
“Finished ninth in Sonoma. Great run for our team. Fighted hard all day and got the balance right and the second half of the race went well. Happy with that and going into the holiday weekend with good momentum.”
ERIK JONES, NO. 43 FOCUSFACTOR CAMARO ZL1 – 22nd completed
“We just missed our mark this weekend with our FOCUSfactor Chevy. We made some adjustments after practice which didn’t really help us in qualifying. We put ourselves in a hole where we qualified and decided to make additional changes to improve our car for the race. Unfortunately, the change didn’t help much and we struggled with it all day long. We’ll be back in the store and taking the time to look through the records and data to see where we can improve before we head to Road America in a few weeks.”
TYLER REDDICK, NO. 8 LENOVO CAMARO ZL1 – 35th finish
“Our Lenovo Chevy was strong this weekend at Sonoma Raceway. We started the race fifth and spent most of Stages 1 and 2 around the top five. We were fourth with three laps left in Stage 2 when we stopped at the green flag. Unfortunately, we were caught speeding on the pit road and had to restart at the back end of the field to start Stage 3. We were mirrored back in traffic. Everyone gathered and another car finally made contact with us. It crushed our left-back and we had to go to the garage for repairs. We made it back, but finished 14 laps in 35th. It’s disappointing to finish like that after running so strong today.”
TEAM CHEVY – RACE QUICK RECORDS
· The front row of Chevrolet led the field to the green at today’s Toyota / Save Mart 350 at Sonoma Raceway, with Kyle Larson taking fourth pole on the track; joined Hendrick Motorsports teammate Chase Elliott in the front row.
· Varying pit strategy in the closing laps of Stage One, Cliff Daniels held No. 5 HendrickCars.com Camaro ZL1 to the end of the stage.
· The defending race winner, Kyle Larson, led all 25 rounds of Stage One, giving Larson the 2022 second stage win.
· Team Chevy Top-10 Stage One: Kyle Larson (Stage Winner), Justin Haley (4), Josh Bilicki (7) and Ricky Stenhouse Jr. (9).
· Chase Elliott, who pitted before the end of Stage One, capitalized on track position, leading the course to the green from pole position.
· Leading 26 laps of the 30-lap Stage Two, Alan Gustafson took the No. 9 NAPA Auto Parts Camaro ZL1 to pit road in the closing laps of the stage, with a long stop causing Elliott to lose track position. Given a penalty for pitting outside the box, Elliott was forced to restart at the back of the court to begin the Final Stage.
· Chevy Team Top-10 Stage Two: Daniel Suarez (4) and Ricky Stenhouse Jr. (9).
Fast After Race Facts:
· Suarez’s win was also the eighth of the season for the Camaro ZL1 and the 13th for Chevrolet at Sonoma Raceway, both feats favored by the manufacturer.
· The victory was Suarez’s first win in 195 starts in the NASCAR Cup Series.
· It also marked a third NASCAR Cup Series win for Trackhouse Racing in 2022.
· With his win, Suarez secured a place to the 2022 NASCAR Cup Series Playoff Field.
· NASCAR winning brand, Chevrolet now has 822 all-time NASCAR Cup Series wins.